Apr 7, 2010

Too many photos of one event…

Do you have this enormous amount of photos for one event that it keeps you from scrapping it?  That happens to me a lot.  I don’t have time to whip out a mini album and I don’t want to use 40 photos on a bunch of pages.  So, lately I have been taking a handful of the best photos from an event such as my daughter’s field trip and printing them out quite small.  I group them how I want on my layout and try to capture the feeling of the event in just a page or two. 

image

1) Print your photos out and crop them to fit the design of your layout (mine are 2.5 x 1.75 inches.) 

2) Frame your photos using pattern paper above and below. 

For this next step, I decided to add a rub-on.  Rub-ons are something I have always loved but mine got put away in a binder for so long that I never remembered to use them!  Now that I have them out on my Clip it Up where I can see them, I grab them a lot more often. 

image

3) Add rub-on below last layer of paper.

image

4) Adhere trim on the seam line of the paper and photos. 

5) Embellish with homemade flowers (I used dictionary paper and a Prima flower for the middle.) 

6) Adhere title above the photos and journaling below. 

image

image

Supplies:

Cardstock – Bazzilll; Pattern Paper – Webster’s Pages, Collage Press, dictionary paper; Trim – Papertrey Ink; Flowers – Prima; Ink – Versa Magic chalk ink

Julie Overby

5 comments:

  1. I don't have a printer so I rely on places like Walgreens or online places like snapfish to print my pictures. How do I get them to print small ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this multiphoto layout Julie. It really is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, my printer recently went on strike but I discover that Walgreens will do a collage print for you. I would imagine that others will as well.

    Love the LO! I do the same thing..so many great snap shots that I get overwhelmed and then I slow down. Smaller prints definately are the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I didn't know the CIU was stackable!! Cool!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...