Jan 12, 2011

Carol’s Scrap-A-Thon

Hi Everyone!

It's Carol, and I wanted to tell you a little bit about the generosity of Clip It Up by Simply Renee! 

On Saturday, November 13, 2010, I held a Scrap-A-Thon fundraiser to benefit our school district.  After a referendum failed to pass in our school district, all extra-curricular activities had been cut for our three schools.  Parents got together to raise funds in order to bring the the extra-curriculars activities back for one year until a new referendum could be placed on the ballot and successfully pass.  I decided to do my part and hold a Scrap-A-Thon fundraiser!  I solicited many donations, and I was blown away by the generosity of so many companies, including Simply Renee!  The wonderful Clip It Up ladies donated a 36" Ribbon Organizer for our raffles!  Let me tell you, the Scrap-A-Thon attendees went crazy buying tickets for that particular raffle!  Everyone wanted that Ribbon Organizer, and who could blame them!?!  When my youngest daughter and I pulled the name for that raffle, you could have heard a pin drop in the room!  I was very happy to read Holly's name!  She was so excited to win such an amazing prize!  Congratulations Holly!  Hopefully we'll get to see your Ribbon Organizer mounted and all set up in your crafty space!

image

Thank you again to Simply Renee for their generosity!  I am so grateful!  I am also happy to report that the Scrap-A-Thon event raised $1,100 for our school district's Special Donation Fund!!  ♥

Carol

My Blog:  Crazy For Crafting!

12 comments:

  1. Thank you again!! The generosity of so many companies truly made this event a success! I have to admit . . . I really wanted that prize!! :) THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! and good for you for stepping up and having a scrap a thon! I think thats wonderful!! Great job and what an awesome prize too :) Shell love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful prize! WTG Simply Renee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Great prize!

    ~Dawn
    http://latenightscraper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the prize...and such generosity from Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting, I love that she's trying to make a difference by raising money to keep the extracurriculars in the school and Wooohoooo for Renee for being so generous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a fabulous job with the fundraiser, I hope your schools can keep the extra acitivities in place. And that was very generous of Renee. I love it when everyone works together to make fabulous things happen:) I hope you share some photos of the event with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I. Am dying to see the new dt. When will it be annouced must have been crazy hard to pick I can hardly wait..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! How generous!! And congrats on making so much money!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. What a great blog to read. So generous and thoughtful of everyone involved.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...