Nov 29, 2011

Ornate Shadow Box Frame

Hello again fellow crafters! Natasha here with a shadow box frame I created for my daughter.
This frame is manufactured by The Dusty Attic. It comes in pieces and must be assembled, but it only takes a few minutes to put together.
First I covered the entire frame with gesso to create a surface that will accept mediums and inks easily. Allow the gesso to dry thoroughly.
To add texture to my frame, I randomly applied ceramic stucco and glass beads gel to the front surface.
Then I misted the frame using two different colors. At this point my hands were covered in gesso, ink and stucco, but getting messy is the fun part! Once the frame is dry, it’s time to decorate it!!

I adorned the corners of the frame with mulberry and satin flowers, chipboard vines and ornate chipboard corners.
The inside of the frame was decorated with lace, and the photo was adhered using Helmar Zapdots for dimension.
Here is a close-up of the amazing texture the stucco and gel adds to my frame. (Plus, I had to sneak in a few eyelets too! LOL)

I had so much fun creating this frame! I’ll be back next week to share another project.
Have a beautiful day and enjoy your week!

5 comments:

  1. I Love this !!!! You are amazing with all the detail:) You Rock!!!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathtaking!!!!! Such detail and so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sweetie this is amazing!
    I will have to add this frame to my list!
    Beautiful texture and dimension.
    LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit I not overly fond of altered art, but this is stunning you did such a beautiful job, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...