Oct 3, 2012

Little Blessing

Hi there!  Today I have a layout to share made using Pion Design's Silent Night Collection.  I really love the versatility of this line.  I have used it for several different themes other than winter or Christmas.  The designs and colors of these papers are gorgeous!  The photo is of my daughter when she was a year old... seems like forever ago.  I think this is one of my favorite layouts to date.  :o)
I used a sketch from Page Drafts for this layout.  I have used a few of their sketches before and I find that they push my creativity even further.  
I LOVE lots and lots of layers!  Here you can see layers of paper and chipboard by The Dusty Attic.  There are actually three photos layered here, and each photo is matted for extra chunky goodness!
I altered this chippie with paint and Mix'd Media Inx and adhered the little alphas to create the title.
Along the edges of the layout I layered strips of paper and cut circles to create this interesting design element.  I added brads and stitching to create more dimension and texture.  Thank goodness for the Standard Circle die sets by Spellbinders!  I no longer have to cut out circles by hand.  What a time saver!
I made this flower using the Rose Creations dies by Spellbinders.  You can find my tutorial HERE.
Behind the multiple layers, I stamped distressed dots onto the paper using Pewter Mix'd Media Inx and embossed the dots with clear embossing powder.  
I used two different types of Dusty Attic blooms for this layout: Bridal Veil and Smokey Blue.  The gorgeous lace edging the circle is manufactured by Green Tara.


Thank you for stopping by today.  
Much love & hugs...
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...