Dec 2, 2009

Countdown to Christmas

Something new we started last year is counting down to Christmas with a book each day. I wrapped up 24 Christmas books and let the kids take turns opening one everyday and then we sit down together as a family and read one each night.

To get started, gather 24 Christmas/Winter themed books. A great place to build your stock of books is the dollar section at Target, Marshall's/T.J. Maxx andScholastic book orders via your child's school.


Make up 24 countdown tags. I used Doodlebug papers and stickers for my tags and then stamped on the numbers.


Wrap up all the books (let the kids help and let go off any perfectionist tendencies...it was hard for me!). Make up 24 tags to countdown the days and number your books. We count backwards to Christmas in our home so we start with 24 and work our way to #1. I numbered all the books randomly with the exception of 'Twas the Night before Christmas' as we always ready this Christmas Eve night.


Then put them all in cute bin (mine is from Target) and enjoy!


Lisa Day
My Blog

5 comments:

  1. what a great idea, i will definitely be using it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could even use books you already have. Kids love reading books again, plus they haven't read them for almost a year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a very great idea never would of thought of this thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a super idea!!! I am going to pass this idea on to my daughter for my grandson!

    Thanks for sharing Lisa!

    *gina*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, this is an excellent idea! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...