May 25, 2011

A Few Pages and Bad Habits…

We got to work with a fantastic stash of paper products from some of the best companies the past month and I wanted to share two layouts that I created.

Both of these are based on some Page Maps sketches by Becky Fleck.
This first page is about my 35th Birthday, and I got to play with some of the birthday line from Nikki Sivils and some papers from My Little Shoebox.  One of my favorite elements was the “banner” that was actually upside down birthday hats!  Too cute!  (This also inspired another project that I am working on that you will see in the near future, too! )

image image 

image

This next page is also about a birthday…kind of.  I made some “practice” cupcakes for Charlotte’s 2nd birthday, and she has really maybe only had 1 or 2 in her life, so I wanted to make sure she liked them!   I used the cupcake line from My Little Yellow Bicycle.  I can’t begin to tell you how many different embellishments and extras there are that coordinate with LYB lines….there is just so much to choose from!!!

image

image image

image

So having all these great embellies also leads me to one of my bad habits.  When I have used a product from my Clip It Up, or I have a new product that I haven’t hung yet, I have been just placing the packages on top of my Clip It Up!  Bad, I know.  So I am thinking about adding something to the top of my Clip It Up, like just a piece of decorated chipboard, so that I can decorate it and deter myself from piling up all my embellies.  I am envisioning a cute little decorated cup or bowl to keep some clips in so that I can just reach in and grab a clip, add it to my product, and “Clip It Up”!

image

On a side note, remember that little video (click here) I shared with you of my scrap space about two months ago?  Well Bye-bye scrap room….we are making a nursery for Baby #2 which will be here sometime in early August!  J

I have set up shop in our large game room/family room upstairs.  I purged a lot of stuff, but my organizational strategy is still pretty much the same.  I feel great about my new space and it has allowed me to work in the same room with my little one as she plays and while hubby watches TV!
image image

image image

Thanks for reading my post today and next month I am going to use my stash on my Clip It Up for a layout, and ONLY things on my CIU…should be fun!

Audrey

3 comments:

  1. Really, really cute pages! I especially love the stitching and all the details on them. Good for you for doing a page to celebrate your birthday! I love that you made "test" cupcakes...what a sweet mom!
    Congrats on the new baby! That's a good reason to give up your room, but it looks like you made a great space for yourself in the meantime.
    Can't wait to see what you do with your CIU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layouts Audrey! And congrats on the new baby! How exciting! I think I need to go home tonight and make myself some 'practice' cupcakes LOL. Any excuse to have some cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can finally comment! I have had blogger issues for days! Anyway, congrats on baby #2!! Love your layout! They are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...