Dec 7, 2011

Memory Box

Hi again! Natasha here with another project to share with you. Do you like to save memorabilia from special events or meaningful moments? I know I do! I have saved all of the ticket stubs from movies that my husband and I have seen together since the day we met. I'm mushy like that LOL. I also have letters that he had written to me as well as other special items that he had given to me. Until today, I had all of these items in a shoe box. Really special, huh? LOL. So I decided to create a memory box that I could use to keep all of these 'memories' in.

I purchased a plain wooden box from my local craft store. I removed the hinges and brushed the entire box with white acrylic paint. I made sure to leave areas of the natural wood peeking out. After the paint dried, I applied my inks and mediums. Once the surface was dry, it was time to embellish!
For the lid of the box, I used Donna Salazar's Antiquities Collection and The Crafty Chronicle. The background is covered with corrugated board that was distressed and painted white. I also used a combination of several Helmar products to create the lid of my memory box: 450 Quick Dry, Zapdots, V2 Vellum Adhesive and Quick-Fix Adhesive Runner.
The inside was also covered with corrugated board and Donna's Artistic Papers inked with Smooch Spritz. I distressed the edges of the paper by tearing them, and I added hand-stitching for texture.
I even decorated the inside of the lid!
This blingy and grungy embellishment is made up of die cuts from the Sprightly Sprockets dies by Spellbinders and coordinating chipboard and bling by Want2Scrap. I layered the sprockets and adhered them using Zapdots to create a dimensional embellishment.
I couldn't forget my eyelets!
Love using a Dymo label maker for simple sentiments.
The large flower is hand-made using Donna Salazar's Rose Creations dies. You can find the tutorial HERE.
All of the beautiful chipboard elements on the lid of the box, including this chicken wire, are manufactured by The Dusty Attic.


Now for my favorite part of my memory box… the outside texture!! I had so much fun with this!
Here is a close-up of the beautiful texture.

Before I go, I want to remind you about Simply Renee's amazing giveaway! Here's how to enter...
Tell us your favorite Christmas Show!!! Send a friend to our blog and Facebook and have them "Like Us" and tell us their favorite Christmas show. ALSO HAVE THEM INCLUDE YOUR NAME and both of you will be entered into the contest. A winner will be selected on Friday.

Don't forget we are having a 25% off Sale on our website www.clipitup.com (excludes New All-in-Ones products). For every item you order, your name will be put in the drawing.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I wish you all a beautiful day!







4 comments:

  1. Oh Natasha this is so beautiful-one of my favorite parts is that texture and chicken wire-Spectacular!
    This is so wonderful to save all those things that are special
    Yes I save everything-and am so sentimental.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely breathtaking Memory Box!!!!!

    My favorite Christmas Show is actually a movie...The Santa Clause with Tim Allen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natasha - you are sooooo amazing!!!! Your box is worthy of holding your treasures because it's a treasure also! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My (Cindy S. Velasquez) favorite Christmas Show is "Frosty The Snowman" and my best friend Pati Magana's is "A Charlie Brown Christmas"! Ho, Ho, Ho and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...