Dec 14, 2011

Simply Amazing Christmas Ornaments!!!

Hey Everyone!

It’s Tina here to share some ideas with you! I am sure everyone is heavy into the Christmas preparations! I know we are here! Don’t you just love this time of year???

Today I wanted to stop by for a minute to share a few homemade Christmas ornaments with you. These are all very simple to make and not very time consuming at all! This time of year we really don’t have a lot of extra time on our hands for crafting! That’s why I decided to take a few minutes here and there to do just that! Create!! Here are a few of the things I have been making!

Glitter Snowflake

image 

This first decoration was created in about 5 minutes! Seriously!! Here is how I made it, step by step…

1. Using Spellbinders ™ S5-059 Ironwork Motifs, I cut and embossed the snowflake shape using my Grand Calibur®. I then sprayed it using Helmar Velum Adhesive and sprinkled it with blue glitter. To seal the glitter, I used Glossy Accents.

2. Next, I cut and embossed one of the smaller motifs from the same Spellbinders set. I sprayed with the Helmar adhesive again and this time sprinkled with a copper glitter. Sealed with Glossy accents. This takes a while to dry, so you can set them aside and come back later! J

3. Adhere these 2 pieces together. Weave a small ribbon thru the larger diecut and tie in a bow. Adhere 2 small blooms and you are FINISHED! Yes! I said FINISHED!! Easy Peasy! And FAST!

image

Tips:

You can cut and emboss both of the above mentioned pieces at the same time, spray with adhesive at the same time, and then glitter. This will save time!!

I usually make my own flowers and blooms, but seeing the LARGE amount of them hanging on my Floor Model Clip it Up, I absolutely MADE myself use some! This helps make the project just a little bit quicker too!

To make this ornament a bit more sturdy, cut a thin piece of cereal board using the same die template and adhere the ornament to it! Yes, the dies will cut it and it helps to strengthen your project!

Red and Gold Blossom

image

This decoration uses more Spellbinders die templates and some embossing powder! Not to mention, more blooms from my Floor Model Clip It Up! I still like my hand made ones better using my Spellbinders die templates, but using some of my HUGE collection helps with time AND makes me feel like I’m using some of my stash! J Here’s the how-to!!

1. Stamp LG flower stamp from Unity’s Blossom Stackers onto cream cardstock using Watermark ink. Sprinkle with bronze embossing powder. Heat using a heat gun to set. Cut and emboss using the matching die template from Spellbinders. (S5-072 Blossom Tags and Accents).

2. Add circle of silver Nestabling from Want2Scrap.

3. Cut/emboss script patterned paper using S4-114 Standard Circles LG. Ink edges and adhere to center of image cut in step one. Add circle of brown Nestabling from Want2Scrap

4. Using the largest leaf stamp, follow the same process that we did in step one. (stamp, emboss, diecut) Adhere to ornament using foam squares.

5. Adhere 2 leaves, one red flower and 2 small light yellow flowers. Add red bow.

6. Using red stickles from Ranger, add small dots of red glitter where desired.

7. Punch hole and tie twine.

image

Finished! This one takes a little more time, but not much!! It’s still very simple! If you wanted to make it even faster, omit the heat embossing step. It will lose some of its shine, but will still be very pretty!

Here is one more ornament that I created… additional info on this one is found on my blog!

image

Thanks so much for stopping by! I want to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!! I have ordered myself a Christmas present… 2 of the Trays for my Floor Model!!! YIPPIE! So the next time I share with you, I’ll be sure to show you some photo’s and give you the scoop on how much they hold! I’m SO excited! They are in transit as I type! J

So, until next time, Happy Scrapping!

~TINA~

3 comments:

  1. Oh my - they are absolutely gorgeous!!!! T4S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Ornaments!!! They are beautiful. You are so talented:) Thanks for sharing
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ornaments! I'm sure they would take me longer to make them than you took!
    I appreciate you sharing them with us, along witht he directions!
    I love Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...