Aug 4, 2010

Fancy Tabs

Hi everyone.  It is such a treat for me to be here today with my first post as a member of the Simply Renee Design Team!  I thought I'd show you what I've done with my my Clip It Up Mini and Upper Tier

As soon as it arrived, I knew that it would be a great organizer for all of my handmade cards.  It is just the right size for 4 x 6 or 5 x 7 cards, and it will hold a ton!  So now instead of having a box of cards shoved up on a shelf, I have my own little cardshop.  The cards never get bent or wrinkled, especially if you use the Clip Grips.

image

To make my little card shop even more useful and fun, I decided to divide the cards into categories (holiday, friend, love, birthday and thanks) and alter the black plastic tabs designed to fit on the Clip It Up.  Aren't these fun?

image
image

The dividers were very simple to alter.  After trimming down two pieces of paper to fit the tag, I used it as a guide for punching a hole with my Crop-A-Dile and cutting a slit on one side.  Then, I added some layered flowers and butterflies to the centers and the category titles at the top.

image
image

Hmm...now I just need to decorate the actual Clip It Up to match.  I'm thinking turquoise spray paint and hot pink flowers.  Oh wait, maybe yellow base and pink and blue butterflies.  So many cute possibilities.  I'll be back soon to show you how it turns out.

Happy Wednesday!
Aphra

7 comments:

  1. TOO CUTE! I love how you altered the black tabbed dividers! They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the embellished dividers! Thanks for sharing this great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! I need to do something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Love the bright fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you altered your dividers, what a perfect idea! I can't wait to see how you alter it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty dividers and cool idea for your cards!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...