Aug 17, 2010

Welcome Lesley!

image

I am a married Mom of 3 kids.  I am currently a stay at home Mom, home with my little 7 month old.  If I do go back to work come Oct 2012, it will be to the Government of Ontario, working in Postsecondary Education Policy.  

As for my scrappy life, I have had the opportunity to work with some great people and companies.  I also had the opportunity to design rubber stamps for a time with Cornish Heritage Farms.  I teach scrapbooking, card making, and stamping locally in Burlington, and have in the past created on-line tutorials for design teams, usually technique based around stamping/ink or layout design.  My next adventure is to create video tutorials. I just started up a Tutorials blog which you can see here:  http://lesleylangdontutorials.blogspot.com

My scrapbooking style for the most part is shabby chic, but can change with my mood.  I usually I start with a great image and work from there.  I tend to lean towards lightly distressed/imperfect patterned papers and always reach for ink on any given project.  Let's just say my fingers are always covered in ink by the time I'm done.  I like to add texture and dimension, rip, tear, smudge, etc.  Every once in a while, you will see a nice and clean layout/card from me.  I appreciate its simplicity and crisp look.  My new favorite toy is the Silhouette die cute machine, which can be used to dress up layouts with patterned paper cut outs.  I work with Photoshop and digital elements quite frequently.

I can make anything and everything.  I am not happy to stay in just one medium or paper craft.  I play around a lot, and love to create 3D projects, cards, scrapbook pages, handmade gifts, canvases, altered items, jewelry, gift packaging, etc... 

Leslie

We’re excited to have Leslie on our team.  Watch for her first post tomorrow :-)

Simply Renee Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...