Sep 1, 2010

Tim’s Tin – Tool Time

I found a Tea Tin on one of my junking outings and decided it would be fun to alter and put Tim’s tools in (try saying that three times). 

While working on the key holder and when I was stuck and didn’t know what to do, I would work on the the tin.  I started out with his tissue tape on it, but wasn’t feeling it , so I took the tape off and started over.

IMG_2297

 IMG_1420

I was loving the paper with all the numbers, so I decided to start cutting them out and see where it took me.  I liked the rich colors and it had the right feel for my room.

I had it 90% done when I finished the key holder, but it was just missing something!  All right, this shouldn’t have taken me so long!  I tried ribbon, different knobs, junk pieces I had, and I still didn’t like it.  Talk about a “creative block” and I was building a wall with those blocks!  I had to step away for a couple of days and start new.

So today I realized it needed some trim around the edge, and when I combined some jute, a cord from May Arts and some red satin ribbon (inked with Antique Linen) and braided it with some help from Bobbi and Carolyn - (I have four boys – haven’t braided much in the last 25 years).  We loved how it looked and it made  the difference needed to FINALLY finish this project!

Here is the finished project…

IMG_1478IMG_1479IMG_1482  IMG_1481

IMG_1490  

IMG_1485

Products Used:

  • Ranger Distress Crackle Paint- Clear Rock Candy
  • Ranger Distressed Inks : Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, Black Soot, Walnut Stain, Antique Linen
  • Tim Holtz Idea-ology Lost and Found Paper
  • Tim Holtz Idea-ology Philosophy Tags
  • May Arts – corded ribbon
  • Hemp thin ribbon (from my stash)
  • Handle – from my “junk jar”
  • Offray red satin ribbon

I’m off to go spend some quality time with some good friends at a cabin.  I’m taking up some of my next projects to work on – so hopefully the fresh mountain air, beautiful scenery, great food, and some much needed rest will break down those creative blocks.  Happy Labor Day weekend!

Renee

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Love it! What an awesome place to store your Tim Tools!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful - what a great repurpose of the tin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome transformation! So much more fun than the coffee cup mine are sitting in on my desk! Love the shape of it too!!!

    Note to self... must braid soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...