Sep 21, 2010

Treasures sometimes come in small packages!

While visiting a new store the other day I found the cutest little treasure.  Sitting on the display desk was this little oval container made of real silver. It has a cute little lid and shape to it.  I don’t know if it’s for jewelry, pills, gift or whatever – it was just screaming “take me home please!!!!!”  I loved it the way it was, but I thought it would be fun to “add” a few items to it.

IMG_2323 IMG_2321

I decided to use Tim Holtz Marketplace Tissue Tape to wrap around the bottom.   When I pulled the tape out to start covering it, I saw the words “admit one” which made me think of how it would make a darling little holder for a special piece of jewelry.  After covering it with the tissue tape and inking it with Ranger Old Paper Distress Ink, I then added some Prima Say it in Pearls to the sides and on the top of the lid.

IMG_2329 

  I used two different May Arts ribbons around the little oval knob, and used the small black ribbon to attach three of  Tim’s Adornment Charms. 

IMG_2328

I then opened up the inside and added the same green ribbon from the bow around the edges.  I cut the shape of the container on Tim Holtz Lost and Found floral paper with Tim’s craft knife and roughed up the edges of the paper with his distressor and then inked around the edges.  I then added more of the Prima embellishments on the inside to tie into the outside look.IMG_2332

IMG_2368 

Top it off with a pair of vintage earrings and it’s ready for a great gift!

  IMG_2371 

 

There’s just something about small, unique metal items I tend to be drawn to... really???!!!  I’m drawn to any size unique metal object of various stages of rust, but it was fun to work with something I didn’t have to worry if I needed a tetanus shot for and it wasn’t as heavy to carry and it didn’t take up much room as most things I drag home!

Renee

 

Products Used:

Tim Holtz -Lost and Found Paper

Tim Holtz -Tonic Paper Distressor

Tim Holtz- Tonic Craft Knife

Tim Holtz Adornment Charms

May Arts Ribbon

Prima –Say it with Pearls

Tim Holtz -Idea-ology Marketplace Tissue Tape

Tim Holtz -Ranger Old Paper Distress Ink 

8 comments:

  1. I love it!!!!! I hope I'm getting that fun gift!!!You are so creative.. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! What an awesome gift for some lucky friend or relative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love what you did with this little tin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just noticed this, nice job!!! I'm just getting into Tim's stuff..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...