Nov 11, 2010

Quilt Show – Part 2

Just a glimpse of what was happening every night after we’d get back into our hotel room…

Bobbi (the newlywed) would be talking to Nate and feeling sad for being apart from one another.  Didn’t want her picture taken, but oh well!

     IMG_1969 

Carolyn would be talking to Steve (her boyfriend) and would hide under the covers so she could hear him better and we couldn’t  hear her.  I took a couple of pictures of her under the covers, so she poked her head out for this one.

 IMG_1972 

Kathy and I would work  on the finishing touches for our hats.  Bobbi and Carolyn would laugh at us cause they thought we were spending way to much time on them, but for Kathy and I  - that’s what we enjoy… creating!

IMG_1974

I can tell you this – I  had my picture taken more on Halloween than I had all year!  We’d be walking and people would stop us and take pictures, come in our booth for pictures and we  found that people from other countries were fascinated and wanted to pose with us for pictures.  The man across from us said he was going to dress up after seeing all the people who came in our booth.  We had a man from India, several people from throughout Europe, Australia, and the good old USA!  We had a great day and it was fun to visit with everyone.

           IMG_1990  IMG_1992 

My back side – thanks! 

 IMG_1996IMG_1999

Kathy was thrilled to meet the authors of her favorite books!

IMG_2000

We’re off to see the Wizard…

 IMG_2001

Elinor Bailey (shown below) – my sister-in-law was the one who encouraged Elinor to start making her dolls.  We met last year and she loved that we dressed up and our outfits.  We loved her outfit -  the hat, her earrings that she made, and everything about this icon in the doll-making world!

IMG_2002 IMG_2003

We had to get both sides of her hat so you could see her different earrings that she made!

IMG_2007

  IMG_2006

What a truly fun, unique, happy, creative lady!  We love you Elinor!

IMG_2005

When we got to the restaurant at the hotel (too tired to go anywhere else) we were greeted with clapping  and cheering because of our costumes!  Kind of dark to take pictures, but at least you can see Carolyn’s feathers were really purple!

  IMG_2009

Elinor brought Maggie Winfield (what a fun outfit and an adorable talented lady) back with her to see our products and to meet us.  Sorry, Elinor – got you with your eyes closed!

IMG_2019

Take-down!   Everyone’s favorite part - NOT!  I always joke that you feel like circus people – fly in, set-up, do the show, take down and move on to the next city!  The best part of take-down is that it goes 10o times faster than setting up!  Beth from LizzieBCre8tive LOVED my shopping cart chair and chain-linked fence table.  She’s a junker also, and had the picture of our chair on her phone since last year!  She came back at the end of the show and asked if I was interested in selling them.  Since we are changing our booth for next year, and I LOVE them, but don’t have any place to put them in my new room or house, I made her day and sold them to her.  Talk about a happy lady!  Beth, I’m grateful a fellow junker who appreciates the finer things in life will be able to enjoy the chair and table.  It was hard for me to let them go – but I know their in good hands and someone who truly appreciate  their uniqueness!

Bobbi and Carolyn hard at work!

IMG_2020

Carolyn and Kathy showing off their strength!  Kathy realized she forgot her PJ’s so Carolyn let her wear Steve’s T-shirt that she had brought.  Since Steve has the “big” muscles – they decided to give him a big muscle “thank-you!”  You know, after several days of working hard – we’d get a little silly at night!

IMG_2025

I would like to give a HUGE thanks to Bobbi, Carolyn and Kathy for all their hard work, the giggles, their support in making everything work, dressing up, goofing around, and just being there to help Simply Renee be as successful as it is!  I appreciate their friendship and their love!

Renee

15 comments:

  1. Great pictures, and Great costumes! I received my under the shelf rod today. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee,

    Thanks for the crazy adventures!!!! There is never a boring moment working for you.. THANK YOU for being so good to us.

    love ya

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing these behind-the-scenes photos :) The hotel room ones made me giggle!

    ~natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those costumes and you all make a quilt show look like one rocking party! : )

    Thanks for sharing your adventures with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was a fabulous time!! Elinor looks like one very cool lady! Thanks for sharing the adventure with us!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate to this as I got to do a craft show with my favourite online scrap store this fall. It's a marathon, and a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like it was So fun! I love the girls not wanting their picture taken, boy can I relate to that!

    I love the outfits at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome pics! You are lucky to have some!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i LOVE THE COSTUMES... HOW FUN... LOVE IT.
    LOOKS LIKE A GOOD TIME

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like lots of girl fun and the costumes are great

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like everyone had fun at the quilt show!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sure looks like you had a great time !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...