May 11, 2011

When I grow up I wanna be a Grandma!

Hi Everyone!  Misty here today to wish you a WONDERFUL Wednesday!!!  And Happy "Hump" Day!  LOL While I am continuing on my self imposed torture of organization...(Ooops, I mean my mission! LOL), I have found that I have a lot of older photos that I still haven't scrapped that have been tucked here, there, and everywhere. 

I started tossing them into a basket as I came across them, and before I knew it, I had a basket FULL of photos! Now, I know most of us have gone digital, but I am sure most of you can relate to having a basket, box, or bin of  unscrapped 35mm photos tucked away somewhere, right?   I am going to give you a "Tiny Tip" on what to do with those photographs today.....ORGANIZE THEM!!!

image

Organized photos=scrapped photos.

I wanted to keep them in this basket so that it could stay within arms reach.  SO, I pulled out my handy dandy Clip It Up Tabs & Labels that came with my jumbo and I set to work!  These tabs are the PERFECT answer to my photo organization woes! I used the labels that came with them and started jotting down the events that the photos encompassed.  Before I knew it, my photos were organized and I had a basket full of Memories just BEGGING to be scrapped!

image

image

I really wanted to scrap some photos of my Grandmother that I came across during this process, as she has been gone now for seven years and I miss her dearly.  I had the photos ready to go, and then I realized that I need to make copies for my Dad and give them to him for Mother's Day.  SO, instead of scrapping THOSE photos, I did this one....

image

image

image

It is of my Step Mom and my 5 year old talking about the page that my daughter had just finished coloring.  Every time I look at it, I remember how my grandmother did such things with me, and, oh, how I loved her. So, in honor of these memories, Mother's Day, and my own Grandmother, this layout speaks what my heart has been saying to me all along.

"When I grow up, I want to be a Grandma." 

I am so glad that I decided to organize those photos, and that I came across the ones of my Grandmother.  My Dad was very happy to get them, and My Step Mom adored the layout.  Remember...ORGANIZATION is the key to success!  Get those photos organized!  You just might come across one that speaks to your heart like mine did!

Misty

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous layout Misty!!! I love your work. And thanks for the idea of using the tabs for something else! I don't use too many on my CIUs, but now I can think of other places where they can be used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea for those tabs!! Gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a left on comment last week, but I am guessing all of the comments were erased when Blogger went down. Just wanted to tell you, Misty, that I love your layout and your style. The colors you chose are beautiful! Thank you for the tip on using the divider tabs for organizing other items. I don't use too many tabs on my CIUs so I have plenty left over. I can definitely use them for other things, though! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you saw my large bins filled with pictures, it would make you feel great about your stash! I thought your idea with the labels for organizing the photos was great!
    I love your page on wanting to be a Grandma! It is beautiful! You always do such a great job with how you put everything together on a layout.
    I just got back from being with my grandchildren and all I can say is how how grateful I am to be a Grandma! They make me feel so loved and it's the best reason to have children!!!!
    Thanks for all your hard work and sharing your talents with all of us!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...