Apr 11, 2012

Love is...

Hello again!  Natasha here and I hope you are all well!  I wanted to share a card I made a little while ago.  I used paper from Tim Holtz's Vintage Shabby Collection.  I really love the bird on this paper.  I stitched the flourishes using my Quick Tip found HERE
The hinge is a chippie made by The Dusty Attic.  I didn't actually plan for it to come out looking the way it does but I LOVE the end result.  I originally embossed it, painted it white and then inked it with a color similar to the brown cord I used for my lacing.  I then sanded off pieces of the hinge to give it a distressed look and applied rock candy Crackle paint on top.  Somehow the combination of all of those elements caused the hinge to turn a pinkish color and it ended up matching my paper perfectly!!  What luck!  I guess sometimes the best effects are the result of accidents!
Thanks for taking a peek at my little creation.  Have a beautiful day! 



2 comments:

  1. Oh this is so beautiful! Love the effect on the hinge-perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! Love that quote:) You do an amazing job. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...