Aug 29, 2012

Hand-made 'SMASH' Book!

Hello again creative peeps!  I have an off-the-page project to share today!  SMASH books have been all the rage lately, and although I love the idea, the pre-made SMASH books didn't really suit my style.  So I decided to make my own using products I already had sitting around in my studio!  Such fun!
The hard cover of the book is made from a Zutter Cover-all.  It is the perfect way to begin any type of book or mini album.  
First I applied gesso to the entire surface and then the fun began!!  I added layers of tissue...
... muslin and embossed textures...
... fiber paste and ink...
... raffia and brads.
Here is a view of the back cover.
On the inside of the cover I used lace to add a girly touch to the book.
Here's my first page!  I call this book my "shmook"... I have no idea why... LOL.  That's just the first word that came to my head!
The inner pages are from a retired collection by Basic Grey called Phresh & Phunky.  It's one of my all-time favorites!  I also used some of Basic Grey's Basic Collection in Manila.  I rounded the corners of the inner pages with a Zutter Round-it-All.
The backs of these papers are actually white!  They are one-sided papers.  I had the option of leaving the pages white or having some inky fun and spray them up!  I chose the latter.  :o)  (Sorry, I forgot to photograph them.) 
The entire book was bound with a Zutter Bind-it-All and O-wires.  This machine is so simple to use and makes book creating easy!
Throughout my Shmook, I bound tags to have a place to jot down thoughts or quotes.
As you can see, I had some inky fun with the tags too!
In the back of my book I included a vinyl pouch to hold embellishments, clips etc.
I even made my own tabs using Creative Page Tabs dies by Spellbinders!

Now that my Shmook is done, all I have to do is fill it with memories!  Hope you are inspired to make one, too!

Have a beautiful week, friends!
Much love & hugs...


1 comment:

  1. Love it! It's really beautiful. I started making day planners with the mini smash books but now I've got a binding machine and I'm making my own! 2014 will be one that's all me. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...