I’ll admit it. I’m a Vampire fan. From Interview with a Vampire to Lost Boys, Twilight to Vampire Diaries and everything else in between, I’m in love with the dark side. After thinking about my ribbon organizer and how, although functional, it needed to be Erika”ized”, I came up with a plan. Take this 36” Ribbon organizer from innocent to devilish with some Prima flowers, a can of red paint and some Tim Holtz goodness.
First I painted the entire ribbon organizer with 2 coats of red spray paint. After it was completely dry, I used one of the larger Tim Holtz Masks and went over it with two colors of paint dauber. Silver and Pitch Black were marbled onto the piece.
Then I added Velvet ribbon and lace trim to the top and bottom of the ribbon organizer. I also used felt border for the back side of the piece.
Then, I added Prima roses and satin rose buds to each side as well as Twilight epoxy buttons from Really Reasonable Ribbon. I attached all of these items onto the ribbon organizer with Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive and Helmar Quick Fix adhesive runner and let me tell ya, they aren’t going anywhere!!!
Last but not least, I created a winged embellishment using grungeboard, crackle paint and UTEE. I lightly attached this onto the front side of the unit for now, but have plans to use the embellishment on a future project.
Here is the ribbon runner with its Vampire Make over.
Gotta love taking that perfect Simply Renee organizer and making it your own. Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you have gotten some inspiration to alter something you use for organizing your stash. Leave a link to a photo so we can see your ideas too.
Until next time