Mar 5, 2010

Valerie’s Craft Room

My crafting space is an open loft area, and while it may not be my
"ideal" space, I have worked the area to fit my needs. I would like to show you my favorite things, and how they help keep me organized!

image

The Clip It Up base unit and upper tier has really transformed my
scrapbooking area. I have ALL of my embellishments hanging on this unit. And let me tell you- I have got lots of embellishments! I like to pull all my elements of a scrapbook page together before I begin, so I can easily go to this area and "shop."

image 

I have this great metal storage unit that holds my die cutting
machine. The top drawer holds paints and mists, while the bottom half has mini books and alterable items in it.

image

I keep a few of my ribbons on these vintage spools. While I don't use these ribbons too often, it adds some interest to the area.

image

My paper hangs high on metal shelving using clips from the Clip It Up system. My children seem to really enjoy playing with all the pretty paper, so I had to put them out of reach up high!

image

Here are a few more vintage finds that I have worked into my scrapbooking space.

image

image 

This is where my computer sits. This desk was found at Goodwill for three dollars. It was an awful bright green, so I painted white and added new hardware.

image 

The second desk in my area might me my absolute favorite thing. It is a huge vintage metal desk that gives me a nice space for crafting. It even fits my sewing machine on it. And as a bonus- there is a pull out surface that fits my 12x12 layouts perfectly. So I can put my project over there if the desk is needed for something else!

image

Lastly, my printer cart holds the kids art supplies, embroidery
thread, and other miscellaneous goodies.

Thanks for visiting my craft area!

Valerie Allen

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhh valerie!!! I think I need to come over and play at your place!!! LOVE IT! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie, I love the little details that you've added to make your space yours. I think I'm going to have to give in and paint my desk too! And I'm pulling out some antique storage items from hiding asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie, I think the vintage finds are wonderful. How things are in reach (for your hands at least hehe) is great. Thanks for sharing your space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your craft space, Valerie! Your vintage items add so much charm and interest to your area. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your space! I love your vintage items and the way you've used them. I noticed you have a cola wooden box. I love those! I have two and hang them on the wall and use them as curio cabinets.

    Have a great day/night! Thanks again for the great pics!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...