Apr 23, 2010

Mother’s Day Present

This is a shadow box that I altered to hang in my scrapbook studio.

image 
image I bought the black shadow box at my local scrapbook store and distressed the edges with sandpaper. I started the inside by covering the shadow box backing with patterned paper and layered another piece that I had added a decorated edge to. I then took two pieces of chipboard a little smaller than the back and adhered them together and put patterned paper on them. I adhered them to the center back of the shadow box backing with 3d foam square to give a little more dimension. I then used my die cut machine and cut out cardstock squares, circles and flowers from patterned paper and layered once again with 3d foam squares to give more addition. I finished the flowers off with brads and die cut a butterfly and embellished with rhinestones to add an accent to the frame.

This is a quick and easy project for any occasion. I bet mom would love one for mothers day!!

Karen Taylor

4 comments:

  1. That's pretty! Spinning off on the Mother's Day idea, it would look really cute with photos of the grandkids in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute - love the antique look! I can imagine a these as a great mother's day gift with photos of the grandkids as the focal point!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...