Apr 13, 2011

Family Clip it Up Wall Mount

Hello everyone! I am super excited to share an altered item with you today that I have been working on for a while!!

I don’t consider myself much of an “altered items” type of scrapper. I’d much rather do layouts. But when I get an idea for a project, it consumes me and I really put my heart into it! That’s what happened when I got my Clip It Up Wall Mount. I knew right away that I was going to use it for something other than holding supplies, and I also knew that I wanted to make it so that it was  visible in our house and that I could move it around.

 image

I went to my local craft store and found a piece of unfinished wood with a nice shape (I brought my wall mount to the store to make sure it would fit!). I thought that if I adhered the wall mount to a piece of wood instead of directly to the wall that I could move it around in my house.

image

I painted the wood with black paint, and then a crackle finish and a clear top coat. The letters I cut out on my Cricut using the Storybook cartridge, and the hearts are from a punch. I made sure that my letters would fit between the two end brackets of the wall mount before I glued anything down!

image

You will notice that the Wall Mount is actually mounted upside down. I did this so that the word FAMILY would be easier to see.

For the strands, I purchased some small wooden panels that are about 3”x4”, and some wooden house shapes, too. I painted each of these black and then added some patterned papers to them.

image

The house I decorated with papers and some chipboard pieces. I then printed off my photos 2.25”x3” and adhered them to the panels. I used a strong paper piercer to poke a hole in the bottom the panels big enough for a clip it fit through, but a small drill would work, too.

image

For the words “Live, Love, Laugh”, I used my SCAL program on my Cricut to cut some chipboard and papers to cover them. I covered each word with a few layers of Mod Podge to make them a bit more sturdy. Each word was then glued to a circle punched from paper, and that circle was glued to a piece of ribbon. The ends of the ribbon strip were looped and hot glued so that a clip could hang from them.

image

I made a few bows out of ribbon and hot glued them to the front of the clips. Because of the way the clips are angled when you get them, I had to use a pair of pliers to bend the clips so that my photos would hang straight.

image

I am so SO happy with the way this turned out! I need to find the perfect place to hang this my house. I think I might start working on another one for a Christmas gift!

image

Supplies: Papers: We R Memory Keepers; Ribbon: American Crafts; Chipboard: Maya Road; Punch: Fiskars.

Audrey

***The Wall Mount is on sale now.  Click here to purchase***

16 comments:

  1. LOVE, love, LOVE this! What an awesome decor piece and unusual use of a Clip It Up product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Audrey! I love how you used the Wall Mount on a board to hang up your photos! It's always fun to see how creative the DT is on how to use and alter our products. LOVED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. turned out awesome!! amazing job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW WOW WOW Audrey! This is beyond incredible!! What an inspiration you are! This is a fantastic idea and I would love to try something like this! It looks like you put so much time into this! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome project!! I love it!! You are so creative and I'd say you have no trouble altering!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (Don't know if my first comment went through!) OOOOMMMMGGGG, I LOVE THIS!! You're a crafty genious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of mounting it too a broad so that you can move it around. GREAT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My! What a wonderful idea. It's so cute. We will all be making one now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just incredible!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so fantastic, I love how this turned out!! such a creative idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such an awesome project! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...