Oct 6, 2010

Banners

I love banners. Love them. Like want to marry them love them. Yeah, I've got it bad for banners. I don't know when this trend started - a year ago maybe? 8 months? I'm not sure if I missed the memo on the start date, but I have fully caught up now and it's banners banners everywhere for me! They're so fun....so celebratory....so victorious...so joyous. Banners just bring a big ol' cheesy grin to these chubby cheeks o' mine. So why not share the grin with my BFF? I love mixy-matchy cards so I worked some Sassafras papers with some Jenni Bowlin alphabet stickers, a lil' American Crafts chipboard, some Papertrey Ink ribbon and button and that little sticker banner up there is from Echo Park Paper. Fun card, no?
BFFYouBrighten_07_30_10
So up there we had a sticker banner and now we've got this adorable diecut banner from Pretty Little Studio. Have you been to Miss Melissa's shop? It's a-dor-able! I paired her Mini Z is for Zebra bunting (I guess that's a fancy-schmancy word for banner *giggles*) with some Cosmo Cricket papers, and then I brushed on some Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint on the edges just to add another layer of homespunnyness to my card. Homespunnyness. Yes, it's a word. I just said it so it must be - heh.
HappyBirthdayBanner_08_14_10 And last but certainly not least: the chipboard banner. I can't pick a favorite kind of banner, don't make me. I love them all and they can all add dimension if you make them that way. Here I've got some Sassafras music note paper, a piece of Cosmo Cricket banner topped with some bling for a little extra sum-sum, and then I mixed and matched some letters from Sassafras with some American Crafts chipboard and a little piece of banner patterned paper from The Girls' Paperie that I turned up-side down and topped with a pom-pom to make a lil' party hat. See - banners really are fun! HB2U_08_22_10
Alright dolls - that's it for me this month. I'll see you back here next month with something less bright since it is fall after all. But it'll still be fun, I promise!
 

20 comments:

  1. Those birthday cards are so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Michelle! I'm into banners too - just put one on a layout last night - and I just think you may have raided my craft closet, we crush on so many of the same products!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I am a bit of a banner fanatic myself. LOL I have been making them for every season/holiday lately to put on my fireplace. They have been ending up on my cards/layouts as well. I love those alphabet banners...what a great idea! I might have to lift it for my daughters classroom and make a big set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are incredibly fun Michelle! I love your style and how different these all are. I missed the memo too, but I would say a good 8 - 10 months ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that I am not the only crazy banner lady out there! LOL! I bought out Jenni Bowlins entire line of banner stickers so of course now I have a tag on my clip it up that says "banners" (I'll send you a photo if you would like to see it" I'm going to have to go "banner hunting" at the sites you mentioned. I am also making a HUGE halloween banner to hang across my patio door with my Halloween Cricut Cartridge. Oh Banners are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards!! You have inspired me to scraplift your ideas and try banners for the very first time! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable, I love the look of them but have not been able to pull it off without looking ....odd somehow? Maybe my proportions are out of whack, you have motivated me to keep trying :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, just love banners!! Thanks for sharing such cute examples! Loved them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved all the banners and bright colors. You made each card very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute cards! I love the banner from Pretty Little Studio! Off to check that site out....

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE banners!!! Just purchased some stamps from My Minds Eye and Teresa Collin's lines. They have great banner stamps. So does Unity.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm banner challenged but loved looking at yours! Very bright and cheery!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the banners, i will have to try some, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Banners on these cards look great! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love Banners, need to start making more!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...