Oct 20, 2010

Spooooky Tree

Hi there Scrappers!  Since it's almost Halloween, I thought I'd bring you a little festive project today.  It's my Spooky Tree.

image

To make my cute little tree, I first trimmed my branch and spray painted it black.  Then I placed it in a glass cylinder and filled it up with candy corn to keep the branch from wobbling.  To finish off my vase, I tied some ribbon scraps around it.  I'm not very good at bows, so I just tied a knot. 

image

Then came the fun part.  Decorating the tree.  Each ornament is an altered tab hung by a clip. 

image image image image

For this last ornament, I linked three tabs together and spelled out the word Boo!  To link them together, I just punched a hole in the bottom of each tab with my Crop A Dile and then put the hook through the hole.

image

How fun would this tree be at Thanksgiving?  You could leave the branch in its natural form and decorate your tabs with leaves.  You could even create one ornament for each person in your family, complete with photos and a list of what they are thankful for.

Or how about Christmas?  Easter?  Are you seeing it?  Yeah, me too!

Well, that's it for me today!  Hope you all have a Happy Halloween, and I'll see you back here in November. 

Aphra

19 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! CUTE!! This is just fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! I love the idea of using candy corn in the base :)
    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea! You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those clips are so useful! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How super cute is this?!! I love your tree Aphra! FAB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great tree love this idea.. What a cute decore for classroom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute idea! I see a white sparkly branch filled with snowflakes in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your spooky tree! Fun papers etc.!

    ReplyDelete
  9. only problem is, I like candy corn A LOT...it'd be eaten in 2 days LOL and then the branches would fall over...I think I shall do this for Christmas!! great project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooo cute, I can see all kinds of holidays on it! Would have to use some kind of stones instead of candy or I would end up with ants!

    ReplyDelete
  11. there are so many things to love about this project! Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your spooky tree is great! How fun.
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! You could even do it as a family night, everyone could write what they love about each other and hang it on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This tree is adorable , makes me wish I decorated for halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super Cute, Love the Branch Tree!!! Great Idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh I WISH I saw this early, this is a definite must on next years Halloween projects

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...