Oct 13, 2010

OOH BABY!!!!

Hello everyone! It’s Tina here to share a little project with you! I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful fall we’re having! In Canada, this past weekend we just celebrated Thanksgiving… so Happy Thanksgiving to all of our Canadian readers!!

Alright, on with the show!!

For my project this month, I decided to create a mini album. I’ll be honest with you… I don’t create them very often… I get bored WAY too easy! I find doing a 7 or 8 page mini to be so monotonous! Cover the chipboard with paper, trim it, sand it, ink it… then do the same to the next 6 or 7 pages! YAWN! I often end up doing a few pages and leaving it to finish later… but later never comes… So…I was so pleased when I found this fun and fancy chipboard book from Magistical Memories… and it only has 3 pages! A cover, a back and one inside page! PERFECT for me!! Let me share it with you…

image

image

image

image

image

I am so pleased with how it turned out! I did it all in one day and I didn’t get bored! Whoot!

Now, my next dilemma when creating mini books is what to do with them once they are complete! I have 5 children… ages 7,5,3,23 months and 5 months… so I don’t have the option to leave them around in a basket. Brainwave!!!!!

image

I’ll be ordering me a clip it up to house my entire collection of completed mini’s!!! I used the clip grips  to help make sure that the clip did not damage my mini… LOVE this idea! Now I can show off all of my minis and they will not get damaged! Isn’t that a fabulous idea!! I sure thought so! I’ll be sure to post some pics when I have my mini-album clip it up fully functional!

Now, while creating this project, I found the ZIP BAGS came in so handy! I like to store my random chipboard in one… my cut off bits of bling and swirls in another… favorite lace in another… that way all of these favorites are right at my fingertips… on my Clip It Up! I love that these bags hang sideways, so that you can easily access the zipper on the side without having to remove it from the base! Brilliant!

image

So, a few storage tips from me this month…

*Store odds and ends, favorites and random goodies in the heavy Zip Bags.

*Try storing your favorite mini albums on a clip it up of its own! Decorate the unit to match the décor of the room that will be housing it!

Until next time… Happy Scrapping and Happy Organizing!!!

Tina

23 comments:

  1. Love it! Those pictures are precious! Fingers crossed that I can win a clip it up. I have big plans! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can keep some for your Clip It Up and then also give a few mini books away to grandparents and family as coffee table gifts!!!

    ps-the baby's face expression in the ADORE pic is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a tiny album - and I might just have to put mine out of reach on my Clip It Up! I found my son HIDING my favourite mini album yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a areally cute idea. I can understand doing this with really small kids around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so want to paint and decorate my clip it up, but I'm so afraid. How about we make a deal, I'll do your next mini for you, you paint my clip it up;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your kind comments!
    I appologize for the somehwat blurred photo's... Blogger is messing with us today! They will be cleared up soon hopefully! :)

    Ashjoy... I'm game for that! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea for minis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect idea for a perfect album. You ROCK.
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love mini's, I may have to add another tier to the top of mine for mini display.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's hoping y'all have a wonderful weekend. The weather is supposed to be perfect here ... how 'bout in your neck of the woods?
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! I love mini albums and this is a perfect way to have them displayed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never known what to do with those mini albums after they were complete, this is perfect! That baby is simply adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a neat idea! and the album itself is so very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your album is adorable. I especially love what you did with the cover!

    I've never looked at the Zip Bags before, so I didn't realize that they opened on the sides. Love that you can access them without removing them from the unit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful album and a great idea for displaying them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving this system and that baby book, is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like how having your products organized helped you complete an album in such a short time. I also like the idea of storing your finished albums on a clip it up. I think the finished albums are hard to display otherwise.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...